Since today is FINALLY my last working day for the year, I thought I would borrow this idea. I have seen it on a couple of blogs but forgive me as I am too lazy to link back right now.
Without further ado…
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
I am not sure there is anything actually, oh wait, I was *thrilled* when I saw two lines on a pregnancy test for the first time ever J
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I don’t make them
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not that I recall offhand no
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My oldest friend’s grandmother died, I had know her for twenty years and it was very sad
5. What countries did you visit?
I stayed in South Africa, worse still did not even leave Joburg
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A drama free existence and job satisfaction
7. What date, from 2011, will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
16 June 2011, the day we found out #BabyNB is on her way
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I don’t think there was anything big or fantastic I think my biggest achievement is all the little things we managed. We got two kids through their perspective years at school, we managed our home and still love each other enough to do it again next year. Considering how many people broke up or got divorced this year, I think it’s a big achievement.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don’t think I truly failed at anything. There is a lot I could have done better, but no actual failure as far as I am concerned.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had morning sickness I believed would kill me :p I truly did have a bad year health wise, I had flu more times than I could count, a bladder infection and many pregnancy related aches and pains. I am hoping next year my body will play nice.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
We bought the kids a Wii for Christmas, I cannot wait to see their faces when they open it!
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
D deserves a merit badge for living with me through this pregnancy. I have been tired and moody and all around difficult and somehow he still loves me and doesn’t lose his temper though the eye rolling did get a bit much :p Also my kids for taking all the drama we have had in our lives in their strides.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
My sister and the ex tenant who shall remain unnamed. Both proved just how badly things can go wrong when you try to help someone. Neither are a part of our lives as a result and I already feel much calmer for it.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Food, petrol, school fees, nanny, pet food, MEDICAL BILLS
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
First planning our wedding, which was then put on hold when we found out we’re having a baby
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Sexy and I know it by LMFAO, D, the kids and so many friends have created so many laughs around this song this year. This song reminds me of all the good we got out of this year, all the happy and reminds me that fun matters.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder? Without a doubt happier
Thinner or fatter? Much much fatter :p
Richer or poorer? Neither, we are managing as we always have
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I had spent more time being silly with my kids
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I wish I had stressed less, been moody less and just generally been nicer
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
At home with my family
21. How will you be spending New Year?
I’ll be 36 weeks pregnant, will likely have dinner with my family and be asleep before 10 lol
22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Only with D and the kids, over and over.
23. How many one-night stands?
Do sexy hormone induced dreams count? If not none :p
24. What was your favourite TV programme ?
Modern Family, Big Bang Theory, Jerseylicious (guilty pleasure)
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
My sister and the ex tenant
26. What was the best book you read?
I really enjoyed Killing Kebble by Mandy Weiner
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I have become totally and wholly obsessed with The Script and Adelle, this is not happy music but the thing I am most likely to be listening to if I have earphones in
28. What did you want and get?
Love, in such abundance that it is often overwhelming. Recognition at work, after a really tough year, at my year end review, for the first time, I was actually praised for the job I do.
29. What did you want and not get?
A wedding :p The thing being put on hold while I finish cooking #BabyNB
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I can’t think of one that stands out
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
For my 26th birthday as so many before, I just pretended it was not happening.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not being taken advantage of in such an ugly way by someone I believed was a friend.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Hard to even consider a time when I could wear normal clothes, for the last few months its been a matter of whatever fits over my ever growing belly.
34. What kept you sane?
D, my kids, my friends, the internet, music
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
In my ideal situation I would be the filling in a Bradley Cooper and Ryan Reynolds sandwhich 😀
36. Who did you miss?
I always miss my dad and I missed people in Cape Town, my sister, my friend Ilse and a few others who were so much a part of my life when I was there
37. Who was the best new person you met?
I could never choose just one person because I have met so many wonderful people this year.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Just because you do something with good intentions it does not mean it is the right thing. Know when to say no and who to put first. Never again put helping a ‘friend’ ahead of your own happiness.
39. Quote that sums up your year.
“Be who you are and say what you feel because who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” Dr Seuss