It is my last week of work for the year, this is both a huge relief and completely overwhelming in the “where the hell has my year dissapeared to” kind of way. I am tired. I need leave. But. Wasn’t it just July?!!
This year has had a lot of ups and downs and good and bad, same as any year I guess.
Note worthy happening of 2010 are as such;
- I got engaged, sadly not for the first time, but in my heart of hearts I know it will be the last time. This is the relationship I want to be in when I am 80.
- I had a total shift in career, like total. I went from working in the financial industry to working in the beauty industry. I leave this year a make-up artist, stylist and beauty consultant rather than a financial adviser, it feels damn awesome 🙂
- I (sort of) mended my relationship with my mother. We are living together where this time last year we were not even talking. It has been hard, always will be me thinks, but for now our relationship is (just barely) functioning.
- I grew up, a lot. I made real plans, set real goals, paid school fees, did grocery shopping and planned holidays. It was sobering to be accountable for everything, I am grateful for what I learned.
- I (eventually) started blogging again. It feels good to write. My mind seems more ordered this way.
- I moved three times. Exhausting I tell you. I have faith that next year, if all goes according to plan, shall be a move free year. (fingers crossed)
- We, D the kids and myself, have really become a family. We love and fight like a family. I love that between the five of us there are only two star signs. D and Monster are Geminis while Princess, Squishy and Blake are all Cancerians. Leads to a lot of bumping heads, but we make it work.
- I joined the gym. Yay me! I am going to lose the spare tyre, just watch this space 🙂
My journey to the end of this year has been far more sunshine and rainbows than dark harrowing trials in comparison to last year. I know I bitch and moan a lot and just generally come across as ungrateful, but, truthfully, behind my cynical facade, lies my heart. This heart that could just burst wide open it is so filled with love for my family, my friends and all that is right in my life. The bad, truly, is so miniscule in comparison to the good.
I did not make any new years resolutions at the end of last year, I only wanted to end this year happier, healthier and wealthier, and I surpassed even my own expectations. I may not have cash money, but my health is so much greater than this time last year, I have love, so much of it. I have so much that so many people do not.
For fear of getting all sappy, I shall go and find something to bitch about and be back later.